email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org), Karthik Gomadam (email@example.com), or Charles Petrie (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Please email the guest editors a brief description of the article you plan to submit by 15 October 2010. Final submissions are due on the first of November 2010.
The main functional categories of interest are information collection, sharing, exchange, and management.
Appropriate topics of interest include
- Web-based, structured data collection in PHR systems
- implementations of access-control policies and healthcare data sharing
- distributed, identity-based authentication methods
- digital signature and encryption techniques
- Web portal architecture’s general components and capabilities as the basis for a PHR system
- architectural paradigms regarding connectivity to other healthcare information producers and consumers
- data models for PHR systems
- distributed data subscription and publishing protocols
- successful Web-based applications for chronic disease and medication management
- health applications for PHR systems on mobile devices
- privacy and security issues
- HIPAA and its implications for adopting cloud computing for PHR applications
- semantics for PHR interoperability and applications
All submissions must be original manuscripts of fewer than 5,000 words, focused on Internet technologies and implementations. All manuscripts are subject to peer review on both technical merit and relevance to IC’s international readership — primarily system and software design engineers. We do not accept white papers, and we discourage strictly theoretical or mathematical papers.
To submit a manuscript, please log on to Manuscript Central to create or access an account, which you can use to log on to IC‘s Author Center and upload your submission.