Metacognition was down for some time as I updated the software stack that it runs on (namely 4Suite and RDFLib). There were some core changes:
- 4Suite repository was reinitialized using the more recent persistence drivers.
- I added a seperate section for archived publications (I use Google Reader's label service for copia archives)
- I switched to using RDFLib as the primary RDF store (using a recently written maping between N3/FOL and a highly efficient SQL schema) and the filesystem for everything else
- I added the SIOC ontology to the core index of ontologies
- Updated my FOAF graph and Emeka's DOAP graph
In particular, it's incredibly more responsive and better organized. Generally, I hope for it to serve two purposes: 1) Organize my thoughts on and software related to applying Semantic Web Technologies to 'closed' content management systems 2) Serve as a (markdown-powered) whiteboard and playground for tools / demos for advocacy on best practices in problem solving with these technologies.
Below is a marked-up diagram of some of these ideas.
The publications are stored in a single XML file and are rendered (run-time at the server) using a pre-compiled XSLT stylesheet against a cached Domlette. Internally the document is mapped into RDF persistence using an XSLT document definition associated with the document so all modifications are synched into an RDF/XML equivalent.
Mostly as an academic exercise - since the 4Suite repository (currently) doesn't support document definitions that output N3 and the content-type of XSLT transform responses is limited to HTML/XML/Text - I wrote an equivalent publications-to-n3.xslt. The output is here.