So this morning I noticed Copia was down. Requests would hang until they timed out. Apache seemed up, and running pyblosxom.cgi directly worked fine. I enabled the CGI debug line:
import cgitb; cgitb.enable()
But this didn't help. It felt like an infinite loop somewhere in the guts of processing. After fitful debugging efforts (got work piling up), I traced the problem to the logstats.py module. My approach in the end was to use
py['load_plugins'] in config.py, comment out all plug-ins, and uncomment them until I found the culprit. It was really cool to uncover comments one by one and see different aspects of the site start working step by step. It really reinforces the power of PyBlosxom's "microkernel" approach. My resulting config was:
py['load_plugins'] = [ "comments", "firstdaydiv", "keywords", "logrequest", #"logstats", "meta", "metatime", "pyarchives", "pycalendar", "pymarkdown", "trackback", "xmlrpc_blogger", "xmlrpc_metaweblog", "xmlrpc", ] #The above list is only for debug purposes. If *not* debugging, #Uncomment the following line #del py['load_plugins']
I'll have to check later into what;s causing logstats.py to kill the server, but other PyBlosxom users might want to take note.